When you are considering buying the top rated air compressors, you should take time to read the reviews before making the decision. You are wondering if you can use this machine more than one time or not. You want to have the good investment so you should search for some tips to maximize the life of air compressor. Do you have any plan of using this machine to maximize the value? This topic contains all of your questions about the usage of the air compressor including tips of maintenance and repair, accessories questions and answers as well as other creative usages of the air compressor.
Some available types of the air compressor machine on the market
The single – stage and piston – type air compressor is the most suitable type to use in the house. With this type, you can use it around your house. However, this type of air compressor also has some limits on commercial and industry. In case you own a workshop at home, you should purchase this type of air compressor because it meets almost your needs. I will show you the operation of this type of air compressor now. Each machine also has the electric motor or the gasoline engine. This part will drive the piston. By that way, the air will come to the storage tank. Once there is more stored air in the tank and the pressure reaches a certain level, it will go upward.
On the other hand, the two – stage air compressor is also very useful. It even has larger efficient than the single – stage machine. In this type of the air compressor, the air is compressed through the check valve into the second piston by the first piston. Moreover, this type has higher PSI than the single – stage model.
You may wonder what’s PSI, right? It stands for the phrase of pounds per square inch. PST can measure the air volume that your air compressor will deliver. Therefore, if the level of PSI is high, it means that the air compressor delivers more volume of air than the machine with lower level of PSI.
The below are 5 basic types of the air compressor.
- Pancake type of the air compressor:This type of air compressor has round and flat storage tanks. In the top of tanks, there is a motor. This machine is designed with fairly lightweight so there are more portability than the other machine. With the portable design and size, this type of air compressor is very convenient to store.
- Wheelbarrow type of the air compressor:Most of the air compressors in this model contain the dual cylindrical tank. This tank contains compressed air. Some brands of this type have the option of single tank. Due to its wheel and handle in the frame, the size of this machine is quite portable.
- Hot dog type of the air compressor:You can easily find this type on the market as this is the most popular air compressor with residential use. This type may have a frame or may not. The feature of single horizontal tanks may be contained or not as well.
- Twin – stack type of the air compressor:Instead of one horizontal tank, this type has two in its designs. In general, this air compressor type is exactly similar to the hot dog type of air compressor.
- Inflators:This type is one of the smallest air compressors that is still available on the market. This type does not have storage tank and it makes the motor run continuously. You can use this type in some cases such as inflating tires, sport equipment or camping.